Saturday 29 January 2022

Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Farmhouse Garden - Feminine - Folio

 Hello again my crafty friends.

Well, here we are at the tail end of January already; well they do they say "time flies when your having fun".


You might recall earlier this month I presented a Masculine layout using the Simple Stories Vintage Farmhouse Garden.

I love making journals and this beautiful collection lent itself to something a little different.

This time I created a feminine version using the same paper collection and have made a Folio to pop recipe cards into.





For this project I used the Uniquely Creative Accordion Album.

I pulled it apart and used the accordion pages to make the pockets and cover the inside of the Album with. Keep any spare pages for another time or you could even use them to make your card recipe inserts with.





To then hold the folio together as I was only using the front and back of the album; I had to make a spine for it which I made by sandwiching between two pieces of cardstock with a strip of chipboard between it to give it some sturdiness. Then just glued the covers onto it before I covered the inside covers and made the pockets.



                                              





I created 2 deep pockets to hold the recipe cards in and inserted a strap over the top with a magnet to hold them in place.








I decorated the strap with two off cuts from the papers and sandwiched the magnets between the two strips of paper. Glued it in at the top, then decorated it with metal brads to hide the slight bulge the magnets left.





I then cut some cardstock to fit inside pockets and I used an old Tab Die I had to make the tops of the cards look like tabs. If you don't have Dies simply cut them in, but you could leave them straight if you liked.





Then lastly to finish it off I covered the back cover too.









Uniquely Creative Accordion Album




Fiskars Micro Tip Blade



Photograph or write out your Mum's or Grandma's most tried and tested favourite recipe's to keep forever and include a photo of then, don't you think that would be a lovely keepsake?


I hope you liked this little folio and will try making one yourself, it would make a great gift too for a family or friend.


Until Next time, happy crafting.


Niki 















No comments:

Post a Comment