Tuesday 18 January 2022

''Journey'' - Crystal Watts


Good morning Crafters!
 How are we all going so far for 2022?
I'm really loving the challenge this month of using a collection of papers and adapting it for both masculine and feminine layouts. 
If you've been following along you would of seen earlier this month I shared with you my feminine layout Using the Studio 73 - Country Life  papers. 
Well today I'm sharing my Masculine take on it and I have a step by step to go along with it! 



Now if you have been following along you'll know that I have already cut all my elements out as my last layout had a lot of fussy cutting. 

You want to start by taking a piece of "Cockatoo Calls" and a piece of the "Country Life" paper
(As Pictured Below)

Start by Inking around the edges of your "Cockatoo calls" (Reversing so your using the gingham side of the paper) I love using the blending brushes super simple to apply Ink and really easy to clean 

Throughout the entirety of this project I have used
 Distress Inks - Walnut stain 


Next you want to take your "Country Life" paper and make a cut at approximately 5"x12 cutting the same way as the wood grain, if cut correctly you'll be able to save most of the beautiful paper on the back for another project. 
(Take note on pictures Below)


Taking your 5x12'' piece of paper and go ahead and distress the edges, maybe tear in some spots also you want to curl up two opposing corners. Finally Splatter a Ink/Mist of your choice all over your paper. Don't be shy with it!


Place this piece to one side to dry for 10 minutes, while working on the next step.

Now, In my stash I had some Corrugated card and just thought it worked so well with this collection but this next step you can use anything if you have burlap use that or just another sheet of patterned paper.

Make two ripped pieces measuring approximately anywhere between 7-10'' and approximately 1.5'' wide (Splatter Ink onto these) 

Adhere these pieces onto your pre inked gingham with the top piece about an inch from the top right hand corner, and the second piece around 3'' from the bottom left hand corner.
(Picture reference for placement below)



You will notice in the picture above I have used 3 of the tags from one of the cut out sheets and adhered them with tape and foam mount tape over my corrugated card, towards the right hand side of the page.

Next you want to take your dry Inked 5x12'' wood grain paper and adhere with Foam mount tape into the center of the corrugated card. making sure the two curled ends are facing the bottom left and top right hand side.


Right, Time to add photos! I have used 3, 2.5''x3'' photos with a small boarder, but can be easily adapted to 3x3'' or 4x6'' photos. 
I've used a backing of chipboard on each of the photos and then adhered them with foam mount tape centered inside the wood grain towards the LHS leaving a gap for journaling later.


Go ahead and find some elements that match your photos within the collection, the next part is really making the page your own.


After figuring out the elements you want on your page and you've fussy cut them out go ahead and start placing them around the page as you please, remember to give the element of layers use glue and foam.
(Use picture below for placement) 




I really love using cogs, so that's what I did next when thinking about embellishments to finish of my layout. These Uniquely Creative - Brass Cogs were the perfect tone to match this layout.


One of the final steps is to figure out your title, I have used the Dusty Attic - Journey Chipboard title and used the Distress Oxide Spray to colour it the same brown tones as the rest of my layout. 
I really enjoy putting titles across ephemera so as you can see in the picture below I have done this across the LHS of my ephemera.


Finish off your layout by adding some micro beads and a little more of your Ink splatter!


Add some journaling and that's it, your layout is complete! 


Hopefully you have had some fun creating this layout or it inspires you in some way! 

Find the products I've used today by clicking on the links below 












Once again thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read the blog...

Until next time... Remember Crafting is cheaper than therapy!



Don't Forget to follow us...


















































1 comment: