Monday 31 January 2022

Crafting With My Gnomies - Boy Layout

 

Hi everyone, Nicole here with my second blog post for Craft on the Run, featuring PhotoPlay’s ‘Crafting With My Gnomies’ collection.

This month we are showing you how versatile your paper collections are.  Often paper collections seem to be focused on a particular gender (with this range I initially thought it was feminine), but if you think outside the box you’ll see you can create great pages for boys too.

My first layout earlier this month was the obvious choice for this collection – documenting a craft retreat that I attended.  But I soon realised that these papers are also perfect for school photo’s, featuring images of pens, books, bags and glue etc.

So today I’m sharing my ‘boy’ layout that I have created with ‘Crafting With My Gnomies’.



I have used 'Crafty Weekend' for my base, this paper was my favourite, I love gnomes and craft images set on the black background. For my photo panel I mounted a piece of ‘Oh Crop’ onto blue cardstock, but before adhering this to my base, I have attached strips of cardboard to the back of the cardstock, leaving a 'pocket' section in the top corner. This allows room for some extra photos and journaling to be tucked behind the feature photos.


I have attached tags (fussy cut from the die cut page) to my extra photos, so they can be pulled out from the 'pocket' easily.


The photos and journal card (cut from the reverse side of 'Oh Crop') now tuck behind the main photo panel.

 

I have added fussy cut gnomes from the die cut page and 'Oh Crop' along with the pens, scissors and correction tape pictures, which are perfect school embellishments, and attached these along the bottom of the photos. Some of the gnomes are adhered with foam tape to create extra dimension.


On most of my layouts, I will stamp the date of the photo somewhere. I don't always add journaling (although I should) but I do like to document the date at least.


Below are the links for the products used in my layout.






Thank you for joining me today, and until next time 
Happy Crafting!



















No comments:

Post a Comment