Monday 3 January 2022

"2020 Happiness" - Crystal Watts


 Happy New Year Crafters!
Welcome to 2022!
I hope you had the most fabulous holiday period and that you have found the time to be creative over the silly season, if you haven't I have the perfect Inspiration layout for you today! 
This month we are going to show you how ANY collection can be used in a feminine or masculine way. Today I'm showing you a beautiful collection from Studio 73 - Country Life and this is my feminine take on it.


Looking through all the papers in the collection I knew the sunflowers would make the perfect backdrop for a photo i had taken in the swan valley, and sunflowers are my absolute favourite.

Before I start any project I like to find the pages that need to be fussy cut and just get it out of the way so I can start to assemble my projects. 
Well this collection was no exception to the rule, there are multiple pages to cut out, so get those scissors ready!
Once fussy cutting is complete take all your sunflowers and leaf elements and place to one side. 
 


I started by taking my Koala Kisses page of paper and flipping it to the wood grain. 
This is what I used for the base of my layout


Using multiple patterned papers from the collection I layered these behind my 6x4 photo slightly larger than one another. 
If you've read some of my previous blogs you'll know I love distressed edges! So that's exactly what I have done to all of those before adhering them down in one corner of my paper.


Using things like burlap slid under corners create a cool feature and really goes with the "Country life" feel of this collection.


Don't be afraid of stacking and layering! Pile ephemera up around the bottom left of your photo to draw your eye down, and balance it out with a small collection in the opposite corner.



As my Dusty Attic - Chipboard Definitions where already black, I Inked the rest of my chippy to suit and I'm so glad I did it just makes it pop off the page.


Splatter some black Ink across your layout its super fun to do and I really love the look of splattered Ink.


I Finished off this layout by adding some pearl sprinkles and some bling! 


That's it! I had fun taking something that has a lot of subtle earthy colours and bring this sunflower page come to life. 


As always thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my blog post today, keep your eyes on the blog this month as there are so many wonderful inspiration and tutorial projects to get you back into the creative spirit for 2022!

Here are product links for some of the things I've used today, they will take you straight to the Craft on the Run store where you can make your purchases, or why not pop in store?











 Until next time....

Remember Crafting is Cheaper than therapy!

Don't forget to follow our socials!




























No comments:

Post a Comment