Monday 7 February 2022

Photoplay - Crafting with my Gnomies Layout


 Hey Hey my Gnomies....

We're well underway into 2022; hopefully January gave you time to craft and catch up on your PHD's (Projects Half Done).

I've been playing with Photoplay's Crafting With My Gnomies and creating a lovely little layout.

I found the papers fun and colourful, perfect to use to scrap my Crafting Retreats and Crop Days.

Later this month I'll have a great little project to show you and a way of keeping your Scrapbooking event photos together so you can look back on all the wonderful memories using the Crafting with My Gnomies collection, be sure to catch my blog.

For now I hope you like my layout and would love to see your creations.





I attended my very first Scrapbooking Crop Day a couple of years ago and like Retreat's I'm totally hooked on them.
Such a fun day especially when you do them with your friends, that's why I thought this paper collection was just so apt for such events...."Crafting with my Gnomies" it's what we love to do!




I started by layering some of the very colourful papers, and I wanted to add my fussy cut Gnomes into the layout; however when I lay them on the paper they got lost in all the background colours.
So I made them their own little background to sit on so they would pop.






I fussy cut all my Gnomes and some other elements to build the scene.







I glued some straight down onto the page and others I mounted on dimensionals
to create the layers.






Once I had all the Gnomes in place, I started on mounting my photos.
Seeing as that the papers were so colourful I decided different coloured photo mats would look good. 
Firstly I mounted them on black photo mats and then picked colours of plain cardstock to match so they ended up double mounted.






The Gnomes are all so cute that I couldn't leave the little girl one out with her craft trolley in tow; so I popped her down in the right hand bottom corner.






Then to finish off I added a little Wink of Stella here and there to give it a bit of sparkle and I used some Glossy accent on the tips of their shoes so they were real shinny.






Well, that completes my playtime with these gorgeous little Gnomes.
I hope you get to have a play yourselves with these cute colourful papers.































Until next time, happy crafting.

Niki

















No comments:

Post a Comment