Monday 21 February 2022

Photoplay - Crafting with my Gnomies D Ring Album

 Hi again my crafty friends

Here today with you to share a fun and colourful Collection by Photoplay called
"Crafting with my Gnomies.
Is that not just the cutest saying and wait till you see the little Gnomes.


Crafting should be colourful and fun and its always best done with friends don't you think?
So I thought it would be perfect to use this collection to Scrap my photos of past Scrapbooking Camps and Crop day event's and popping them into a Uniquely Creative D-Ring Album that includes plastic protector sheets to pop photos in and designer paper into the slots to decorate and create your masterpiece.










1. Firstly I wanted to cover the front and back with designer paper.
 However not like you would cover a book, more like just placing a cut to size paper over the top and leaving an edge.
So, in that case as the album was a neutral craft colour; I wanted black to show, so I used Ranger - Black Gesso all along the edges and in about an inch.
You could also use black ink to ink up the edges if you didn't have gesso...or leave it its original colour.







2. After waiting for it to dry, I then glued the cut to size 'Scrappers' sheet 2mm smaller than the Album so you can see a black edge all along.
 Then I cut the 'Embellies' sheet to 18cm wide by 19.5cm long and glued that in the middle.







3. Cut from the 'Oh Crop" sheet the "Scrapping with my Gnomies" element and glue that onto a co-ordinating coloured cardstock which you will cut approximately 5mm larger to form a what we call photo mat.
 I cut an extra gnome from the 'Crafting with my Gnomies Dies paper' to stick in the bottom corner.
 I also used the "crop room" arrow from the group of gnomes to stick on the gnome to make it look like he was holding a sign.
Then attach the photo matted element on with dimensionals on the back 10.5 cm down the page from the top of album. 




4. I fussy cut the group of gnomes from the 'Crop Room' element also on the 'Oh Crop' sheet.
I then glued that along the top edge of the "Scrapping with my Gnomies" element.
We previously attached.




5. I then went ahead and fussy cut some elements from the 'Crafty weekend' sheet and added them around the group of gnomes to decorate.






6. I cut some 5mm strips of co-ordinating cardstock to stick around the edge of the green paper used from the 'Embellies' page.
 I placed some black diamantes to decorate and I also used Clear Wink of Stella to paint onto Gnomes hats.
Your outside is now done, feel free to add other embellishments or elements to your liking.





7. Inside I covered it with the 'Stash' paper; cutting it to size in sections- front, inside cover and spine.
  I made the most of using up my scraps so I cut a piece of my left over 'Scrappers" sheet to fit on the back.
Note: Sometimes you don't want to waste cutting a whole sheet for a small piece; using coordinating paper works just as well and uses up your scraps.




8. To cover the back I cut green co-ordinating cardstock to cover the back except the black strip of  material that the Album comes bound with.
Unlike the front I did not see a need to cover it completely as it looked nice with the black band showing that is on the album originally.

9. I cut from my left over 'Crafty Weekend' sheet a piece 15cm wide x 21.5cm long and placed that centred on the green cardstock.
I double mounted the "I Love to Create" element from the 'Oh Crop' sheet onto black leaving a 5mm edge, and then onto a pink cardstock piece leaving a 8mm edge. 
I then glued that to the centre of page.



******

10. Now for the inside - The album comes with pocket page album inserts with different sized pockets for you to place photos or designer paper or even some journaling.
This is the perfect time to use up bits of scraps you have left over to insert in the sections provided.
I cut all colour co-ordinating pieces of cardstock and slid them into all the opening even the spine of the plastic sheets can be done.
Now my sheets are ready for photos etc.

Make it your own...decorate as you much or as little as you like.
There are Pocket Page Album Inserts available you can buy, so if the provided pages are not enough you can simply add more.



 Of course if you like to take lots of photos as much as I do, then you might like to add a waterfall style element to the inside cover of your album; you could even add one on the inside back cover too.

11. To make a waterfall element; I cut 6 black cardstock pieces to 15cm wide x 12cm long.
then scored each one in at 1cm along the 12cm edge.
I cut 1 cardstock at 15cm wide x 11cm long.
Cut one strip of cardstock 13cm long x 2.5cm wide and score it at 3cm along the top.
This strip will be used to make a magnetic closure to hold your waterfall in place when you open and close album.
You should now have 8 cut pieces.



12. Burnish each card along the score line well so the waterfall sit downs when you glue them in place.
Place glue on the 1cm wide edge; fold back and glue your first one down about 3.5cm from the top edge. 
Stick the next one right underneath the 1cm folded piece and work along sticking the others under the next and then the next again.
Before you completely stick down your final piece slide the 13cm strip in to the 3cm fold line leaving the other 10cm sticking out.



13. Cover the front of the now 10cm magnet strip with designer paper, then before you completely cover and glue the inside piece on; glue a magnet in underneath then complete gluing down paper.




14. On your first waterfall piece glue a designer paper down and again like the strip before completely gluing it down slide the opposing magnet in to match the strip magnet...let the magnets find each other - and they will...then glue down completely.
Magnet closure is done. 






Well, that completes the prep work to get your album started, now its up to you to keep going and fill it till your hearts content.
Now just decorate and add extra photos, journaling and more of the Crafting with my Gnomies paper and embellishments to your waterfall and plastic sheets.
Have fun....






















Thankyou for joining me and I hope I've given you some ideas to use on your own projects.




Until next time, happy crafting.


Niki 

























No comments:

Post a Comment