Thursday 3 February 2022

"Loving" - Crystal Watts

 

Morning Crafters,
Welcome to February! 

Well its the month of love and what better way to celebrate than with GNOMES! Gosh are they not just the cutest things ever... I'm sure that somewhere at some point in time, everyone has had little gnomes hidden in there craft room.

Today I'm sharing the cutest collection from Paper Rose Studio called "Gnomie Love" Its the most Devine collection, All the beautiful red and pink tones mixed with such a feeling of love its perfect for valentines day!



My Inspiration around this project was of course as always my little man. I knew I wanted to do something based around hearts, I just couldn't help it especially with the feeling of love this collection brings!

Firstly I started by creating a cut out in my main piece of pattern paper Gnomie Love E to do this I just used my word program on the computer to get a perfectly symmetrical heart, and using my craft knife cut this from an area on the page.


FUSSY CUT, FUSSY CUT, FUSSY CUT.... Im sure many of you hate these words, but I LOVE them and there is plenty of opportunities within this collection to do. 
Using the Gnomes, Hearts and bows I created different layers around the bottom of my heart cut out. 

Changing my photos to black and white was deliberate as I just really wanted them to pop.



Using a stencil can be super fun to create even more dimension and layers, to really bring your layout up a notch. 
Now I wont lie but I used to be afraid of them, but I think the trick is to play around with them and use different medias prior to putting them on your layout.



Mix up your assorted bling... Rhinestones, Crushed glass, micro beads..
Don't be afraid to just splatter the glue around and sprinkle your sparkle everywhere.



I've finished off this layout with some heart washi tape I had laying in my stash (because if your anything like me don't be a hoarder of washi, USE it) Lastly one of the really pretty Uniquely Creative Titles and a little hand drawn stitch boarder.

I Really hope you've enjoyed having a read of my blog today and are inspired to get creative for valentines day!




Please follow the links below to products used in todays layout.

** GNOMIE LOVE - PAPER ROSE STUDIOS collection restock coming soon keep an eye on our socials so you know when it arrives.. I'll have the link in my next blog post later this month.













Once again thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read the blog...

Until next time... Remember Crafting is cheaper than therapy!

- Crystal xx



Don't Forget to follow us...























No comments:

Post a Comment