Wednesday 23 March 2022

Uniquely Creative - Drive & Fly Album

 Hello my crafty friends

Well hasn't March just gotten away from us...here we are nearing the end of another month once again.

I have another treat for you using Uniquely Creative's Drive & Fly Collection.
You may recall earlier this month I made some birthday cards using this very same collection.


This time I have used a Uniquely Creative accordion album to fill it full of photos for my husband who a few years ago bought a little LJ Torana to tinker with in the garage. 
He bought it, striped it and rebuilt it and this collection provided the perfect papers to document such a project.









1. Firstly we need to remove the leather strap to make it easier to work with album and pop it aside to replace at the end on completion .







2. Choose your papers keeping in mind what is on the back so you don't cut straight through an image or pattern you want to use. 
This part is a bit tricky, and you may find some pages will not be cut up like the template I created above. 
So take your  time with this step.

You need to cut 18 pieces to 12.5cm x 17.5cm which leaves them just slightly smaller than the accordion pages.
You could cut them slightly smaller if you wanted a slightly larger boarder left around the page.

First cut off the barcode strip and then I found that I could get 3 pieces off a 12 x 12 sheet if I cut it to these measurements. 
The left over pieces can be used for making tags, pockets or strips to add interest, so don't discard just yet.








3. Layout all your pieces in front of you and arrange them in the album before you glue them in so that each page is different and your not repeating the pattern on pages side by side....
In saying that the only page I did lay side by side was the first and second page so the the word HOLDEN stayed together.
Be sure to check the front and the back of each page so that you can get a nice variation.








5. Turn the album over and do the same for the other side.
Once you happy with the layout and you have checked that your pages don't need a little extra trimming go ahead and ink your edges (I used Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide) and then glue in all your pieces.








6. Now you need a piece for your front cover;
I cut a piece of design paper to 13.5cm x 18cm, and I cut a piece of corrugated cardstock to 14.5cm x 19cm and mounted the design paper onto it.
I also used a circle punch; which I slide in the sides and punched so that the holes for the leather strap are still useable.







7. Fussy cut elements from  Engine -Drive & Fly Paper to add to the front cover and decorate. 
Use dimensionals to add height. 
Add metal embellishments.





              


8. I cut a 2nd piece of corrugated cardstock and mounted my 2nd piece of design paper onto that as well and glued to the album.
Being an accordion style album, when you flip it over to the back - your back cover now can be seen as a front cover, so you may choose to embellish it or leave it blank.
I chose not to place pieces up on dimensionals as I want to leave it flat so when its laying on its back pieces don't get caught.








9. Now time to decorate your album inside.

Arrange and plan your layout before you stick things in. 
In my case; I am having to put so many photo's into this album I don't want too permanently  glue photos in until I know they are right where I want them...this gives you the opportunity to move them around if need be. 
It's something I like to do especially on such large projects - because we always change our minds....!
 You might like to add a few small pockets and add journaling.
I have chosen to keep it simple as it is for my hubby so not to many elements this time just progressive photos of his project.













That completes another little project, I hope you find some inspiration to help you make an album of your own. 
It would make a great gift, you could adapt it to other paper collections like for instance a Baby paper range or wedding....the choices are endless and unlike scrapbooking a page layout the albums allow you to showcase a large amount of photos of a particular event.
Don't forget to share anything you make and tag me so I can see what you've made.





Until next time, happy crafting.



Niki










No comments:

Post a Comment