Monday 15 November 2021

Have A Great Day- Maja Designs- By Debra Beer

 Hi there creative friends,

Debra here with you today, to share a beautiful layout, using a collection that I absolutely loved, flowers and sequins.

November is Maja Designs (from Sweden) month here at Craft on the Run, I have been given the beautiful Maja Designs Tropical Garden Collection to play with. This collection features beautiful birds and wildflowers, and are great for layering and fussy cutting.




Firstly I chose my background  Paper. Firstly i used the TRO1156  Exotic Plants paper which I cut the Middle out of, leaving a one inch frame

Next I cut down the TRO1151 Cockatoo Tropical Garden paper to an eleven and a half inch square which I adhered to my previously cut frame.




I chose 2 photos which i layered onto three photo mats, firstly a white mat, then 2 different shades of pinks, that complemented the colours in the papers. I used a piece of cardboard on the backs of my matted photos, to give extra height and dimension to the layout. I overlapped the photos on the layout, again to add more interest.


Next it was time to add embellishments, firstly I cut apart some of the cards on the TRO1162 tropical Gardens Diecut Cards paper, and positioned two of these  my layout, using foam mounting tape to add extra dimension.




Then it was time to fussy cut some flowers pieces, leaving a small border around each piece, from TRO1156. Fussy cutting can be a slow process, the results are worthwhile.  I layered these fussy cut pieces around my photo, again using foam mounting tape, tucking the flowers both under and on top of my photo.




I then tucked pieces of the floral branding strip in 2 places on the layout. My title was also cut from a branding strip.




                          To complete the layout i added dusty pink flowers and sequins.


                                                      Products used on my layout.

TRO-1156 Tropical Gardens Exotic Plants



TRO- Tropical Gardens- Cockatoo

TRO-1162 Tropical Gardens Diecuts



252558 Assorted Sequins 

 
UCE1813 Dusty Pink Flowers


Hope you have enjoyed what I have created. Why not give it a go yourself.
Until next time
Debra




No comments:

Post a Comment