Sunday 29 May 2022

Magic in the House - Echo Park - Witches and Wizards

 Hi crafty peeps, Sharon here with my second layout for the month,

 using Echo Park's Witches and Wizards.


STEP 1. Trim white cardstock 11.5" x 11.5" and adhere to the red cardstock base. I almost always trim the center out of my base to use elsewhere on my layouts.


STEP 2. Trim six 2" x 2" squares from the yellow and red plaid, and six from the Banners paper. Some will be covered by my photo. I also changed the order before sticking them to the white cardstock. I have used a T-rule to keep everything straight.



STEP 3. Stick the squares approximately 1.25" from the top of the layout to the point of the square, leaving a 1/8" gap between them. I then matted my 3.75" x 6" photo on black and red cardstock and mounted it up on foam tape, which I place about 1/2" in from the edge of the photo, so I can tuck embellishments under later, if I need to. I've used a medium size doily under my photo, and stuck the photo on top, 3.5" from the top of the layout and 2.5" in from the left hand side. 


STEP 4. I've cropped out of my main photo, just the image of my Brother Ross, it is only 1.25" x 2" mainly because of the quality of this old photo. I've matted this on black cardstock, a small piece of the Yellow Plaid and then red cardstock. Using the Alphabet Charms and some black string, I've made "Ross" banner and stuck that on the edge of the main photograph, using foam squares to level it. Underneath that, I have used black foam letters to make the subtitle. Using Chalkboard Stickers and small white foam letters I've made the "Grade 6", before sticking this in place, I trimmed a small amount off the circle to tuck under the small photo on the left side of the layout.


"Magic in the House" is cut from the 4 x 4 Journaling cards.


STEP 5. Embellishments. I have die-cut a black tag at the top of the photo, completed my sub-title with white foam letters, add a flair button, some word washi tape and the top and bottom, and lastly, the enamel dots.


I hope you have enjoyed my process. I have enjoyed Scrapping this beautiful photo from days gone by. Here are some of the products I have used.














No comments:

Post a Comment