Thursday 16 December 2021

"Family" - Crystal Watts

 Hello Crafters! How are you all? 
I'm sure if its anything like me, a little bit anxious and a lot excited for Christmas!!
ONLY 9 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

Well Today is my last post for 2021! and I'm sharing with you one last project I've created with the Kaisercraft - Under the Gum leaves range of papers.
**This one doesn't have photos today as I'm waiting for Christmas photos for this year



This layout is quite simple and its got a lot of fussy cut elements, if you've been following my other two layouts this month you will notice I still had some gum leaves and flowers left over from other projects and just wanted to use them up.

Start by taking 1 of your Bottlebrush Papers and cutting the tag strip off at the bottom as shown in the photo below. This will be the base of your layout.


Next take your Wattle paper and you want to tear a strip approximately 7 1/2 '' wide we will be using the opposite side * make sure to tear in the same direction as the writing on the black side of the paper.


Now we need to make extra layers to hold our fussy cut elements so take your 2nd piece of Bottlebrush paper and tear two 1'' strips this will leave enough to cut photo mats from. 


Now that you have your centre strips torn you can go ahead and adhere these down, as shown in the picture below remember to leave enough room so you can tuck things under this centre layer.


Once your centre pieces are stuck down you can go ahead and cut out photo mats to suit your photos from your Wattle card.
 I have used a 4x6'' and a 3 1/2 x 3x1/2 '' 
Distress Edges and adhere into the centre of your black card.
As seen in the picture below


The next couple of steps are really just about making the page your own, use glue and foam mount tape to create layers and height around the page using the lip we created earlier so you can tuck elements under it.

Here's what I did 


Once you have finished layering your fussy cut elements around the page why not add a dash of ink and a sprinkle of sparkle? Just like I've done Below



Lastly your Title, I've used a sticker title in this layout today and laid it across my flower bunch. 
You could use anything get creative!



And there you go a nice quick simple yet effect layout!!



I really hope you have enjoyed playing along with me today! I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and many blessings as we head into 2022!

Clink on the links below for products used in todays tutorial. 








Until next time, Remember Crafting is much Cheaper than Therapy!!

Crystal xx











No comments:

Post a Comment