Sunday 17 October 2021

“Discover” Stamperia - With Crystal

Discover  - Crystal Watts

Hello there Crafters, how are you?

 Its Crystal with you today, and your reading my first blog post as a Craft on the Run DT Member! 
I hope you enjoy what I've created for you this month!

Stamperia have some of the most unique papers, and at first I must admit that I was pretty daunted to be using a brand that is known for beautiful patterns and styles. 
Sometimes when they are this intense its hard to know what to do with them.
 However I love a good challenge and I must say that I absolutely adore what I ended up with! 

I have used the Stamperia - Lady Vagabond  Range to create this interactive layout. 

Don't worry it isn't as hard as it looks.






I knew when I opened the paper pack up I HAD to use the clocks and cogs and this is the first piece I started with


As you can see here I started by cutting the centre out of my page.
 I needed somewhere to be able to mount the doors, so that it would be hidden and you wouldn't be able to see the join.


I mounted my centre pattern paper straight onto black cardstock to give the illusion it had been raised. 


Then I simply attached my other pieces of cardstock to create "doors" before taping it back down onto my boarder.


Using two more patterned pieces of paper from the collection I covered my door fronts and backs leaving a small boarder 


I then started thinking about embellishments and how I could make it more interactive! 

I added pockets to the RHS and LHS of each door - you could store photos, papers, tickets anything you wish, these also work really well as some great space for journaling.






Before I adhered any other embellishments / fussy cutting down I went to town with ink droplets, it created a really cool "old" look that I was going for.
 
I used Distress Sprays - Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo.



Cogs Cogs and more Cogs... Chipboard and Metal Cogs where used to create a layered look along with a cog inspired title "Discover" .



I gave cut outs more depth by mounting them onto brown cardstock, and I finished it off by using my blending tool and inking around the edge of each piece of patterned paper. 


I hope my layout has inspired you today to push the boundaries and get you out of your comfort zone!


Here are a list of some of the products I used, the links will take you straight to the Craft on the Run Online store.



Until next time....

Remember Crafting is much cheaper than therapy. 
















1 comment: