Thursday 14 July 2022

Uniquely Creative -Moody Blues : Take Flight

 Well hello my crafty friends

Hoping these wet, cold and long winter days have given some of you an excuse to stay indoors and get into your crafting.

Today I want to show you something a little different.

Have you got a sheet of 12 x 12 full of the same pattern i.e. flowers or in my case butterflies and your not sure what to do with it other than fussy cut some and add some to a page.
Well, why not fussy cut the whole lot and use it all on one page.
Let me show how.














I am using just 1 full sheet of butterflies from the Uniquely Creative Moody Blues Collection.

For those lucky enough to have a Brother Scan and Cut; you can cut all your butterflies out in one swift press of a button.

Although I do have one, I chose to hand cut each one out this time - an exercise best done in front of a TV while you catch up on your favourite show.






So, once I had cut every butterfly out; I curled the ends of the wings and gently folded them in the middle, so that when I glued them to my page they sat up giving it dimension.

No butterfly was glued down flat in this project.







I layered a matching blue 12 x 12 cardstock then cut and glued an 11 x 11 silver glitter paper down on the blue to frame the project and lastly the stamped image is on a 10 x 10 while cardstock which is then adhered to the silver.
Do your stamping before you glue any layers down.





I had a beautiful girls face on a stamp which was approximately 4 x 6 inches, so I stamped her slightly more to the bottom half of my page and centred.






I wanted to create a 3D effect hence why I chose not to glue any of the butterflies flat to the page. I wanted it to look like that was part of her hair. 
Hence create movement as such.










They are all glued in random directions using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots which is like a clear paste used with paper toll if you've ever seen it.
You place a dollop on the back the larger the dollop the more dimension you get - it will sit higher and when you pop it down into the position where you like and your able to choose how high or how low you want it to sit. Then it dries clear.










I then went ahead and added diamontes, paper flowers, liquid pearls, glue glitter and Wink of Stella  scattered in between the butterflies.










I added a title that comes in the cut out ephemera pack with this collection.



I thought it looked so pretty in the end that I popped it into a 12 x 12 shadow box.
It would make a great gift or if you can not part with it like myself keep it to add to your collection of craft you can not bear to part with....





So, that completes this little project using just 1 sheet of designer paper with a repeated image on it. 

You could use a smaller stamp and make a card as well. 

If you don't have a stamp with a face you could position the butterflies into the shape of a love heart, one big butterfly or even an alphabet letter to represent someone's name, you could even try your hand at sketching a face.







Fiskars Easy Action Micro Tip Scissors













So, I hope you liked this project and it has inspired you to create one yourself.
If you do be sure to share it with us, we'd love to see it.



Until Next time.

Happy Crafting.



Niki














No comments:

Post a Comment