Thursday 16 June 2022

Perfect Day - Paper Rose 'Nature Stroll'

 Hello Chit Chatters, Nicole here sharing an ‘Aussie’ themed layout for June.

I was super excited to receive Paper Rose’s ‘Nature Stroll’ collection in my DT kit this month, with gorgeous native flora on watercolour backgrounds and cute Aussie animals, you really can’t go wrong.

Today I’m going to show you how to stretch your supplies by using the most of your papers, with a bit of careful planning.



I chose ‘Nature Stroll 2 – B’ for the main feature page of my layout, which I turned sideways, so that the floral pattern was on the left, running up the page instead of across. I then I cut 1/8” off the top, and 1 ½” off the left (so that the flowers were on the edge of the page). Next, I tore the page diagonally, following the pattern of the flowers.


Next, I have carefully cut some of the images, from the top and bottom of ‘Nature Stroll 2 – A’ making sure that the torn corners of my first piece of pattern paper will cover where these images were. 



I then cut 1 ½” off the bottom of the paper so that I would fit on my page. (This page is also turned sideways when used in my layout).


I have used a couple of the patterned rectangles from the reverse side of the 1 ½” strip of 
‘Nature Stroll 2 – A’ on my layout.


For the base of my layout, I chose Kaisercraft’s ‘Apricot’ cardstock, which I have cut 1 1/2” in on all sides, keeping the 9” x 9” centre piece for my photo mat and for die cutting.


My layout has been assembled, with all the cut-out pieces from ‘Nature Stroll 2 – A’ covered up and the fussy cut pieces used as embellishments.




To view the Paper Rose Nature Stroll collection, click on the link below, or head into the store today:


Thank you for joining me, and I hope you have been inspired to use the beautiful ‘Nature Stoll’ collection for your next project! Be sure to share your creations in our Facebook group and on Instagram.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment