Thursday 28 April 2022

CUT FILE - Heart Collage Frame

 
Hi everyone, Nicole here with sharing my second ‘CUT-FILE’ layout. I must admit that I have become hooked on this style of scrapbooking, it’s a great way to stash bust, backing all the segments with leftover pieces of patterned paper and the layouts come together so quickly. Today my cut file is a heart shaped collage frame, and once again I have used Carta Bella’s Farmhouse Market collection.



This cut file was a little bit trickier to back, as the lines are a lot thinner than my last cut file, however there are a lot of straight lines so that helped when putting it all together.  I started by backing the largest panel, but this time I have only put glue on the two straight lines to begin with, I have adhered this section to the corner of my paper, cut around the shape of the heart then glued down the curved edges.


I have repeated the same steps, covering each outside panel of the heart by first gluing the straight lines, cutting around the shape of the heart, then gluing the curved lines.


I chose to use the two larger rectangles for my photos, which were already printed 4” x 3”, however there was a slight gap between the photo and the larger frame, which I have overcome by strategically selecting my embellishments so that the gap is hidden.

 

Once my cut file was backed, I have adhered it to the center of the background paper, ‘Wreaths’, and added some Uniquely Creative ‘Full Bloom’ Vellum Cuts and Creative Cuts, which are a perfect match for this paper collection.




 To view the products used in my layout, lick on the links below.

CUBBIES





BARN FLORAL


Until next time Happy Crafting!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment