Tuesday 26 April 2022

Live simply - Love deeply

 Hi Crafty Peeps, Sharon here showing my second layout for April. 

What did you do on ANZAC day? I've been away in Luxie the Caravan since before Easter, so I spent ANZAC day quietly reflecting and thinking of my Dad who server in WW2 and his uncle who was Killed in Action in Belgium in WW1. 

Lest We Forget.


Here is my layout using the beautiful Maja Design "Bohemian Harmony.


STEP 1. Cut a 10" x 10'' piece from the center of  "Be Honest" paper, leaving you with a frame that is 1" thick all around, save the 10" x 10" middle of this piece for later. Cut "Enjoy Today" 11.5" x 11.5", flip it over to the B side and adhere it to the top of the frame.



STEP 2: I've printed my photo 5" x 7" with a white border, but this layout would lend it's self to any size photo really, I then matted it on the 1st patterned paper. From this same paper, cut a piece 4.75" x 10". Grab a doily and cut in two pieces. Cut a piece 6.25" x 8.25" from "Love Life" flip it over to use the stripe side. Cut the bar code strip with the row of flowers on it and save for later. 


STEP 3. Adhere the pieces as shown. 1st one is 2" from left hand side and 1" down from top edge. The 2nd one is 1" down and 1" from the left of the 1st piece. I've used a chipboard heart shape, chipboard lacy boarded and chipboard titles, which I have coloured using Distress Oxide Hickory smoke.



STEP 4. The colour was not right for the Chipboard titles, so I went over them with Distress Oxide Rusty hinge.
 

STEP 5. Place the doilies under the photo and adhere down. I have used foam tape on the back of the photo to lift it a little up off the page, and stuck the saved strip of flowers at the bottom of the photo.


STEP 6. Now for the embellishments. I've stuck my chipboard heart over the photo and made a cluster using 3 large flowers and 3 butterflies, with a rouge one flying away. I've place the titles either side of the photo and some pearls around the flower cluster. 




Here are the papers I've used. You can find them in the shop. 








Until next time... Happy Scrapping.





















 














No comments:

Post a Comment