Tuesday 12 April 2022

WONDERFUL - Nicole Wilson


 Good morning Chit Chatters, I hope you are enjoying this month’s theme ‘CUT-FILES’. I have always admired the amazing layouts that are created using cut files, but I hadn’t tried it until recently (this is only my third time). I must admit that I had no idea how to ‘back’ a cut file at first, but I found a great tutorial on YouTube showing different techniques. If you’re inexperienced, like me, I think it’s a good idea to begin with something simple, so a large word title, with thick lines is a ‘WONDERFUL’ place to start.   
 


I received Carta Bella’s Farmhouse Market collection with my DT kit this month, which is a lovely thick cardstock and great for backing your cut file, as it is nice and sturdy. I chose ‘Floral Corners’ for my background paper, and because the cut file was white, I have used a blending tool and Distress Oxide Ink to colour it pink (Abandoned Coral) so it stands out against the white woodgrain.


For my cut file backing I have used the co-ordinating papers ‘3x4 Journaling Cards’, ‘Cubbies’ and ‘Barn Floral’, which I have trimmed to 3.5” high (just shorter than the letters) then cut to the approximate width of each letter.


When backing the cut file, I use a fine tip glue applicator to place a thin line of glue near the inner edge of the letters, then using pointy ended scissors, I cut fussy cut around (and slightly under) the edge of the letter.  


 

Once my cut file was backed, I have adhered it to the background paper, slightly to the left (leaving a space in the bottom right of the page). I have then added some Uniquely Creative ‘Full Bloom’ Vellum Creative Cuts, which compliment this paper collection perfectly.


Lastly, I have trimmed my photo to 3” x 5¼”, matted it onto a 3½” x 5½
piece of ‘Barn Floral’ and adhered it in the bottom corner, tucking under the cut file. Then I have added some more Full Bloom Vellum Creative Cuts, some Full Bloom Creative Cuts bow ties and a few enamel dots.


To view the products I have used in my layout, click on the links below:








Until next time Happy Crafting!





1 comment: