Wednesday 6 April 2022

EXCITING Cut-File

Hello my crafty friends, this month the Design Team are playing with CUT-FILES.
These can be picture or words.
I must admit I've never played with these before but I love it. 
So different to what I'm used to doing on my layouts.



I have used Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Farmhouse Garden.
My CUT-FILE is the word "EXCITING".






If you recall I used this very same collection in a previous Blog in which I made a recipe folio and a layout with a farm theme..... now I'm using the same papers again, only now you would never know there is a farm theme throughout.

It amazing when you look at your paper pack how one side will be themed and the other side are usually plain or have patterns to match.
This gives you the opportunity to use it all up making your layouts look completely different.
I'm sure you'll agree there is no farm theme in this layout.

Below is an example of what I mean when I say using the other sides of the papers.







Now I take the cut-file and on this occasion I have used one of the pattern papers to set behind the letters but you could alternate patterns or colours to use.

I placed a small amount of repositioning tape behind the letter I'm cutting out and then I outline it in pencil around the outside of the letter.
I then remove the letter and cut around the pencil mark making sure I cut inside the pencil mark so I know that it will sit right behind the letter as it will be slightly smaller.
Of course you could just trim any bits sticking out.








Once I had all my letters filled with my pattern paper I layered my other papers to form my background.
I glued the word "EXCITING" on flat onto my papers (except I didn't add glue under the I or G as I wanted to slip the photo underneath till i had the photo in place) and arranged my fussy cut elements mainly around my photo so it didn't cover my word.

















Your file cut will be your centre piece especially if its large like this one is.
You would have to agree it makes a great centre piece that stands out
I hope you'll have a go at creating a layout yourself.




















Well my crafty friends I hope you'll try a Cut-File or two and see for yourself how much fun they are to do.
Be sure to share it with us if you do.
Until next time

Happy Crafting

Niki














 

No comments:

Post a Comment