Sunday 2 October 2022

Simple Stories - Boo Crew Layout

 

Good morning everyone, and welcome to October.

I’m so excited about this month’s theme, can you guess what it is?

 

That’s right, it’s HALLOWEEN ðŸŽƒ, which happens to be my youngest sons favourite time of year, even better than Christmas he reckons! He loves choosing a new spooky outfit every year and decorating the front of the yard, not to mention the candy!

I love walking around, admiring everyone’s costumes and scary houses and of course taking lots of photos to scrap!

 

So be prepared for a bit of a scare and let us get you in the mood as we count down to Halloween.


  I am one lucky girl and will be playing with the awesome Simple Stories ‘Boo Crew’ collection, today I will take you on a step-by-step walkthrough of how I put my layout together.

 


 

To begin I have taken a sheet of white cardstock and created a mixed media background in classic Halloween colours - orange, red, black and grey.

Starting with ‘Sunflower’ Shimmer Dust, I have used the ‘lifting’ technique to create a watercolour background.

First place a small amount of Shimmer Dust on your craft mat, spray with water, ‘lift’ the liquid off your mat with a plastic bag, then ‘place’ the colour onto your page. Repeat these steps until the middle section is coloured.

 


Then, I have splattered some red, black and grey mist spays over the page.

 


Once my page was dry, I have added two rows of stamping.

 


From the 3 x 4 Elements page (#13811) I have chosen four pictures and distressed all the edges.

I have placed these in a row across the page, in the middle of my stamping, with my photo towards the left side of the page, and the title ‘Trick or Treat’ mounted on foam tape.

 


Next, I have cut the bottom two rows of pumpkins from ‘Hey, Pumpkin’ (#13804) and torn the paper in the middle, separating the rows. These strips have been adhered to the top and bottom of the page.

Then I have cut two sections from the scallop boarder (from the sticker sheet) and tucked these under my pumpkin strips. 

 


To finish off I have used elements from the sticker sheet and some Halloween shaker pieces to embellish the page, running the elements diagonally from the top left to the bottom right of the page.

 





Thank you for joining me today and be sure to head in store or click on the links below to check out the Halloween range:







Until next time, happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment