Wednesday 19 October 2022

Halloween in Dreamland - Haunted House


Hello again my crafty friends.

Here to bring you a little something different, if any of you saw my earlier Blog in October, I mentioned I was not into celebrating Halloween....however, being on a design team opens up different possibilities and fun challenges.

So, here I was thinking what would I do with what I was given, and I must say - I may have had a little too much fun making this one when all the ideas came flooding in.










My idea was to create a scene.
So first I started by using me Cricut to cut a free SVG file of a haunted house. 
This would be my base to work from which I cut 3 of and adhered one on top of the other to give it some strength and thickness.







Now for the Chipboard Shadow box - mini, I assembled it and painted the front with Black Gesso.






I chose the Sweet Spooky paper from the 6 x 6 paper pack.







I cut out the centre - measuring the opening of the shadow box so it would fit inside and glued that in .
I made sure I cut the centre out but left enough paper that it would cover the frame of the shadow box too.









On the back of my coloured cardstock I adhered the shadow box into place to form a doorway on the front when turned over.










Adhering the haunted house cut file to the cardstock then the outer piece of the 6 x 6 is to become the door frame.







Now it was time to decorate.
Painting the Chipboard pieces from the Halloween Scene Mixed Chipboard kit and cutting out elements from the paper collection.










Then its time to have fun and place your elements onto the Haunted House.
I even created front steps using some scrap paper that had in a stone look to it...check your papers your bound to find something...even a wood printed paper would do nicely.










I placed my decorative piece's on foam mounts, in the shadow box, outside the box and on the stone steps to give dimension
















                             





To finish off, I painted the Shadow box totally black and added a piece to help support it so that it stands like a photo frame as this piece is for display more so than to pop in an album.










***************




































Well, like I said...I had quite a bit of fun making this piece.
If your into decorating for Halloween this would make a great little feature to add to your display.
If you do, be sure to show us what you've created.
I hope I've given you some ideas as to what you can do yourself.





Until next time.


Happy Crafting.



Niki










No comments:

Post a Comment