Saturday 15 October 2022

Simple Stories: Boo Crew - Happy Haunting

 

Hello everyone, Nicole here with my second layout featuring the spooky ‘Boo Crew’ collection by Simple Stories.

 

I am really enjoying scrapping all my previous photos of Halloween for our theme this month, and it’s getting me in the mood for this year’s Trick or Treating.

 


 

For my layout today I have used pattern papers ‘So Fangtastic’ (#13806) and ‘4x4 Elements’ (#13812) from the Boo Crew Collection Kit to create my base.


First, I have cut a section of ‘Bats’ (from So Fangtastic) on an angle, then flipped the remaining piece over to show the orange pattern for the centre of my page.

 

 

Next, I have cut a section of ‘Eyes’ (reverse side of 4x4 Elements), on the opposite angle, to look like a hill. I have used Martha Stewarts ‘Iron Gate‘ punch to fabricate a fence, that I have tucked behind my ‘hill’.

 


I have created a rough and textured look on the Dusty Attic ‘Mini Bare Trees’, by first coating them in black paint, using a sponge to dab the paint on so that it is ‘lumpy’ in parts.

 

 

Then, repeating this step with brown paint to give them a natural look.

 To build up the texture, I have coated them with Ranger ‘brown’ Distress Embossing Powder, which is very grainy and gave them a rough bark like appearance. I finished off with another coat of black paint, again dabbing them with a sponge and making sure that some of the brown was still showing.

 

 

I have used several elements from the sticker sheet to embellish the page and add a title.

 


Now my page is complete:


Thank you for taking the time to stop by and to get your supply of Halloween goodies be sure to head in store soon or click on the links below to shop online:



Boo Crew Journal Bits & Pieces














Until next time, happy crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment