Friday 30 September 2022

Simple Stories Page Kit - You & Me (Part 2)

 Good morning everyone, how are you all? 

Nicole here with you today, just scraping in my second double layout for September, featuring the ‘You & Me’ Page Kit by Simple Stories.  This time I have altered the layout (from the one shown below) to better suit my style and choice of photos.



When you open the kit, you will notice the base pages are printed as a pre-designed layout, so that you can just stick the embellishments and your photos down and finish in a flash!

 However, with just a few simple steps, you can elevate the look of the layout, by adding a bit more dimension and texture.

 In order to do this, my first step was to cut out all the different patterned sections from the base pages and distress all the edges.



  Next, I have re-assembled the pieces onto two sheets of white cardstock, overlapping them to create a layered look.


Starting with the left page, I have changed the orientation of the frame to suit the photo I wanted to use.  This meant that I had to alter the title so that it would fit on the page.  I have also swapped some of the embellishments and re-arranged the placement of others.


On the right-hand page, I have used a 6 x 4 photo and one small portrait photo (instead of two small landscape ones).  Once again, I have changed and re-arranged the embellishments to suit my layout.


Don’t forget to use foam tape and cardboard on some of your photos and embellishments to add more dimension to your layout.





To finish off, I have added lots of bling to really make the layout shine!


You’ll find the products used in today’s double layout below:






Thanks again for joining me, and until next time, happy crafting.




No comments:

Post a Comment