Tuesday 27 September 2022

Simple Stories - You & Me - Part 1

 

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all enjoying this lovely Spring weather, I know I certainly am!


This month we are featuring Simple Stories Page Kits, and I am working with the 'You & Me' kit.  These kits are perfect for putting a double layout together in a flash, and are suitable for all scrapbookers - beginners, intermediate and advanced alike. 

 


Inside the pack there are 4 x single sided sheets, which will be the base for 2 x double layouts, 3 x pages of push-out die cut pieces, a sheet of chipboard embellishments and a set of step-by-step instructions to follow.




My first task once receiving the kit was to carefully push out all the pieces from the pages and chipboard, and then, referring to the instructions, sort them into 2 groups (one for each layout).

There were plenty of pieces left over, so you are able to customise your layouts and add to them to suit your style.


I chose to assemble the ‘Happily Ever After’ page for my first layout.
  
Starting with the right-hand page, I mostly followed the instructions step-by-step, changing the placement of the paper banner slightly and adding the ‘love’ strip above the photos. 
 
I have distressed my banner and placed photo mats where the photos should be. 

To add more dimension to the page, I have used scrap cardboard and Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots when adhering my embellishments.

These are all little ways that you can customise your layout to suit your style.





Next, I put the left-hand page together (tip; make sure you put your two pages side-by-side when placing elements that should line up across the two pages, like the banner and ‘love’ strip, to easily align them).


  Once again, I have distressed all my paper layers and used cardboard and Liquid Scrap Dots to add dimension.


 I have altered the placement of some of the elements slightly and changed out the journal tag with some of the spare elements to suit my taste.  I have used Dimensional Magic on the hearts, which creates a gloss finish.




And now my double layout is complete.


Be sure to head into the store, or click on the links below
to view the great range of Simple Stories Page Kits:

Simple Stories Page Kit - You & Me


Simple Stories Page Kit - Happy Together

Simple Stories Page Kit - Lets Get Away


Thanks again for joining me, and I will be back soon with the second layout from the 'You & Me' kit.






No comments:

Post a Comment