Saturday 27 August 2022

49 & Market - Here & Now

  

Hello fellow crafters, it’s Nicole here with you again today, popping in to share my latest layout featuring the amazing 49 and Market – Spectrum Sherbet.




I was instantly drawn to the beautiful rainbow colours on the ‘Butterfly Flight’ paper and chose to make that the focus of my layout. On one side there are gorgeous cascading butterflies and the other side is the co-ordinating rainbow colours, I wanted to use both sides for my layout.


I began by tearing ‘Butterfly Flight’, following the line of butterflies on each side, taking extra care on the left, as I tore down to cut around the wings of the butterflies that overhung where I was tearing.


Next, I flipped the papers each side of the tear, so that the rainbow pattern was showing, and trimmed them slightly so there was a 1 ¼” boarder on each side of the butterflies.  I have used ‘Sprinkled Painted Foundations’ as the base of my layout as the colouring is similar to the background of the butterfly strip.

I have created a photo mat using a 4” strip off the bottom of ‘Solids Lemon’ which I have cut in half. I only cut the barcode strip off one of these pieces. I have then layered these pieces and adhered them towards the bottom of the page (where the yellow section is) and tucking it under the wing of the orange butterfly (which I have carefully cut with my craft knife).


 I like to distress the edges of my paper layers for added texture.

I have created extra interest using some barcode strips, ephemera and a flower to decorate the bottom of my photo mat.   


To complete my layout, I have used a variety of enamel dots in various sizes, to each rainbow section of the page.

To browse the products used in my layout today, click on the links below:

BUTTERFLY FLIGHT


SPRINKLED PAINTED FOUNDATIONS


SOLIDS LEMON






Thank you for joining me today, and I hope you have been inspired to create with the stunning 49 and Market – Spectrum Sherbet.








No comments:

Post a Comment