Wednesday 24 August 2022

49 and Market - Something Pink or Something Blue

Hi my crafty friends.

Well here we are another month is soon coming to an end, where do the weeks go...can you believe it will be Christmas soon?

I have been playing with the gorgeous bright colours of the 49 and Market Spectrum Sherbet Collection once again.

I couldn't decide if I liked the blue colour scheme or the pink colour scheme the best. 
I have discovered that I like to match my papers to the colours in the photos in someway, not by any means a requirement when scrapbooking.
I pick a colour that stands out in the photo and then try to match the papers to suit it or vice versa...now, don't get me wrong it doesn't always work out; but in this case it did.

So here I was with a couple of pictures which worked with the pink, and a picture that worked with the blue so I decided to play with both.
Here are my 2 layouts I'd like to share with you.













For my first layout my Canvas was the 49 and Market - Blue Moon sheet.

Then I grabbed all my scarps left over from other layouts I had made and put aside all the matching blue bits as I wanted to somehow use these in the layout as needed.




I was lucky enough to find an SVG cut file to cut on my Cricut of the exact Windmill they have on Mykonos, so I wanted to incorporate that in my layout.




Then I started layering.




Adding element's of ephemera on foam mounts to give dimension.

 




I added a title; also cut on the Cricut Machine.
 If you want a personalised title to use and you don't have a Cricut or similar machine, you could draw or write it yourself or use lettering stamps to make one up.




Finally I embellished with diamontes and glitter and added a few paper flowers to finish.





*******



Now for my Pink layout; I worked it the same way as I did the Blue layout, gathering all my pink elements I had left over.




Then I began arranging them in layers.




I used the frame sets to frame the photos then added them in.




I then added my elements I'd cut out and popped foam dots underneath for dimension.




Finally I added my bling.




And completed my "Pink" layout.






*******






 49 and Market - Strawberry-Mango



49 and Market - Brumbleberry




49 and Market - Frame-set-straw-lemon






49 and Market - Blue-Moon




49 and Market -Butterfly-Flight



I do hope you enjoyed watching me create these layout.
 Its a great way to use up scraps when you only have one sheet left and a whole lot of off cuts.



Until next time.

Happy Crafting.

Niki











No comments:

Post a Comment