Friday 31 July 2020

Never Quit using Day by Day from Mintay Papers.


Hi all,

Today I'm working with my July DT kit for Craft on the Run. Using the beautiful Day By Day collection from Mintay papers. Absolutely stunning!!


As with many of the Mintay collections I began with fussy cutting out all those elements. A task in itself but well worth the effort. 


Immediately I was inspired by the elements to create a layout about eldest daughter whom at the age of 16 knows exactly what she wants to do with her life and what she needs to achieve her goals. This page is a reminder for her to continue to work hard and never quit. Hence the title "work hard, Never quit!"  

I started with the black and white MT-DAY-05 as my base which I added a torn strip of MT-DAY-02 down the left hand side of the page. To this I added a layer of cheese cloth before adhering the photo.


From here I kept the layout simple and began adding the various elements and chip board accents. Some I adhered with foam tape to create dimension and lift off the page. For some added interest I cut a couple of flourishes using the Uniquely Creative Flourish Die.


Finally my finishing touch was to add one of the large black flower blooms which I toned down with a little Art Alchemy wax in rose gold.

Visit Craft on the Run at:

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting everyone 

Kylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment