Tuesday 2 June 2020

The Team ........







I'm so excited to announce our new Design Team.

You've probably noticed some changes happening here on the blog, the store and our community group, and we hope you can join us on this journey.

SO LET ME INTRODUCE THE TEAM STARTING WITH ME 


The Boss

Hi my name is Jodie and I am the owner and Craft Diva behind Craft on the Run.

Scrapbooking has been a passion of mine for over 15 years and I just love it. 
For many years I have dreamt  of owning my own store and in 2019 that dream became a reality, so now I get to do what I love all the time.

I started as a card maker but I turned to scrapbooking, as I felt this was more my style.
I am a big believer in that there are no mistakes in Scrapbooking only Unique Creations.

I love to try new crafts and I love using sprays and inks to create unique backgrounds.

I am a big fan of steampunk & grunge and tend to create more masculine layouts but I also love soft pastel colours and flowers!!!

Some of my favourite brands would be Simple Stories, Cocoa Vanilla, Mintay, 49 & Market, Dusty Attic and Scrapmatts.
Designers would be Tim Holtz, Dyan Reverley & Marta Lapkowska

So I hope that I can offer advice and encouragement and that in some way I can show you that if you dream it, you can achieve it.

You will find me currently on the design team for Scrapmatts.

I also just started a new venture with my best friend called Scrapbooking Sisters.

You can find more of my designs on the following social platforms



*************************************
The Educators
Hi I’m Sharon and I’ve been scrapbooking almost 20 years and I just love scrapping the every day moments that make me smile.


 I look forward to teaching classes and sharing my love of this craft.

You can find more of my designs on Instagram : scraphappyshan

*************************************

Hi my name is Deb and I currently teach Cricut Layouts at the store.
I have been scrapbooking for many years and I love using my Cricut Machine to create scrapbooking layouts.

I am a big fan of Disney & my other passion is patchwork. 
I also offer advice on how to set up and use your machines in a monthly technique class.
So I hope to see you in class.

*************************************

My craft and getting time to create is my escape from a busy working life. I have a room set up ready for weekends, where I can take a big deep breath and let my imagination flow. My favourite creative outlets are mixed media with plenty of sprays, paint, powders, paint brushes, hand towels and of course.... lots of stencils. I am not a good planner before I start a page, so I get paper, photos and let it just flow- love a bit of grunge even on my layouts with flowers. My best tip for anyone is: if you are not sure what you want to do, clear gesso your page first so that if you decide to add mixed media, you are well prepared. What is in my craft room – lots of chipboard – Dusty Attic ready to be painted for a layout, plain and patterned paper, lots of Lindy Stamp Gang, sprays and good base products such as gesso’s, molding pastes and stamps. 

My other big tip is: your page is all about your creativity and if a paint drop or a spray drop lands on your page in a certain spot, it was meant to land there as there are no mistakes with mixed media and I am always happy to share what I have created on my blog - https://rosaliescreativecafe.blogspot.com

I am inspired by a wonderful creative lady called Heikes - https://heikesaugenblick.blogspot.com   and my go to places for inspiration: Pinterest– just type in key words and see what comes up, More Than Words Blog –https://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.com/  always amazed at what other designers create, Mintay Paper – my favourite paper range at the moment, Instagram, start following other scrapbookers to build up your follows and local creative scrap bookers as we need to support and encouragement each other. 

Another way is to connect with other like mined craft people is through your local groups - https://www.facebook.com/craftontherun72/

Scrapbooking is about being creative, de-stressing, and having fun either with others or in your own time - so always create for you and what you like, the style you like J

Rosalie will also be joining us in our monthly challenges and a cyber crops.

*************************************

THE DESIGN TEAM


Hi my name is Rikki G,  I live in Western Australia.  I have been scrapbooking for nearly 23 years  I  My children Tristan (18), Ethan (15) and Amelia (10).

I feel honoured to be join the Craft on the Run team as DT Co- coordinator and in the near future as a teacher.
You may have seen my current work around with my other design teams – Alexandra Renke, Kaisercraft , Scrapmatts and Annas Craft Cupboard.


Instagram: RIKKIG8o

I cant wait to inspire you.

*************************************

Let me introduce myself. 

I'm Kylie and extremely excited to be part of the DT team with craft on the run. Very much looking forward to working with you. I've checked out the chit chat group and already begun some challenges. 


I'm a mum of five. I have been scrapbooking since my oldest was born almost 18yrs ago. 
I love the beach and have millions of photos to prove it lol. 
I moved to WA 2 yrs ago from Tassie and I love it. 


Pinterest

Instagram Kyliecoleman50 

*************************************

 

My name is Rachel and I’m from Little Finn. Super excited to join the team and I’m looking forward to getting too know everyone. 

Here’s my socials info; 



A little about myself;

I believe that giving a card is like giving a warm hug with a fold in the middle. I craft everything in my Gippsland home studio, and I’m known to spread some sparkle around with a trademark sequin or two. Having studied a Bachelor of Visual Arts and Diploma of Education, there’s a little bit of teachery goodness as well as artistic flair in my uniquely crafted, handmade cards. 
I have a passion for all things paper, stamps and inks that come together to put smiles on faces. 

*************************************

THE TEAM
Hi I’m Tammy, I'm Jodie's younger sister.

Being a mum to 3 Autistic children takes its toll on me, so I have turned to scrapbooking for some much needed time to myself, an outlet to make new friends but mostly to tap into my creative side...apparently talent runs in the family.

You may see me in the store behind the counter or attending class.

*************************************

Hi my name is Rosalie but most know me as Karen and I am Jodie's Mum. 
I help her in the store. I am in training, so please be kind!!

I make cards and recently tried my hand at scrapbooking and I'm hooked. 
I am enjoying learning new techniques and getting my creative side out and making my pages my own.

I look forward to seeing you in the store

*************************************

Hi I'm Crystal.

If you think I look familiar it's because I'm the owners daughter !!

I'm 27 with a love for all things Bling!!

I am currently building a home with my partner and loving the design process.

You may find me on occasion at the store helping out.


*************************************

So I would like to take this opportunity to say


I am so excited to be working with you all.

JD
xx

and remember











1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much it is a pleasure to be involved.

    ReplyDelete