Wednesday 12 August 2015

A Life Without Dreams



"A Life Without Dreams is like a Garden without Flowers"

Hello and welcome to my latest blog post.

Recently I was asked to showcase some Dusty Attic
products in store, so that customers had some ideas on what the products could be used for and how they looked when altered with different mixed media.

This was a bit of a challenge but I am very happy with the end result.




All the products used on this canvas can be found on the Dusty Attic website.
The beautiful flowers are from Made with Memories.

I have used a mixture of  Dusty Attic paint to cover the base. 
For some added texture  I have applied some gauze and added some script with a stencil and texture paste.

To create the wall , I separated the chipboard and used the bricks and wall panel.
To colour the bricks, I have used a mixture of red and brown, making some darker than others. 
The mason jar made the perfect vase for my display of flowers.
I have painted the jar to reflect the flowers being in a vase of water. 

This beautiful flower is made using a technique to separate the chipboard and layering the pieces to form the flower.
Paint in desired colour, glue with helmer 450 and then cut the post from a Kaisercraft Pearl brad and adhere to centre of flower.
For more information on splitting chipboard I have posted a tutorial that I made. 
 You can see the video at the end of this blog post.

To create the quote, I have used the mini letters from Dusty Attic and I just lightly white washed them to blend with the rest of the canvas. 


 To create this canvas you will need

Canvas (any size)
Dusty Attic paints : Dusty Pink
                          : Oceania
                                    : Crushed Olive
                            : Alabaster
                    : Gold
                                   : Hot Chocolate
                            : Cranberry
Dusty Attic Chipboard : Mason Jars DA1086
                                              : Brick Wall Panel DA0316
                                                     : Mini ABC Set Lower DA0862
                                                         : Flower Layers #4 Large DA0860

Crafters Warehouse Script Stencil
Texture Paste
Gauze
Flowers : Roses & Lilies
Kaisercraft Pearl Brads
Helmar 450

Designed for Made with Memories

Do you love to use chipboard? Do you love mixed media? Are you a more traditional scrapbooker or card maker?

I would love to see your projects.

I had a great time getting messy and it was great to see the end result. It never is quite like you envisage it.

Until next time
DREAM * CREATE * INSPIRE

Keep the Faith

JD
2015




Video tutorial for splitting chipboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment