Tuesday 18 April 2017

Good Times Packaging Tags


Good Times Packaging Tags




 OMG.....It's already April, where do these months go?
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL


This month I was inspired by my friend Rosalie to use up my packaging tags. I recently attending a Scrap Retreat and she was sitting next to me and was using her packaging to create some amazing mixed media art. 

I was so impressed and thought "I have some of those packaging pieces at home" just sitting in a draw, as I thought to myself "I'll use those one day".

So this month I have created two packaging tags to share with you.

  This is the first tag. 
The base is a Prima Marketing package. It had a collage of words on it. 
To create the background I have covered it with clear gesso and used modelling paste with the Lattice and Gears Stencils from Scrapmatts. 
For the colours I used Kaisercraft Mists in Antique Gold, Coffee and Turquoise. I used Gold Micro Powder to colour the metal embellishments.



I then embellished the tag with Scrapmatts charms, Finnabair Mechanicals and Metal embellishments.




I finished the tag by applying a chipboard word and using Finnabair's Rust Paste.
The embellishment at the top of the wings is an old watch face.
Add a few micro beads for bling and I used gold micro powder to colour the metal heart frame.
I was very happy with the end result.

 List of products used can be found at Scrapmatts


This is the second tag I have created using Tim Holtz packaging.

This tag features Scrapmatts charms, chipboard and stencils.


To create the background I have used modelling paste with the Diamond stencil and then layered the chipboard in the pattern I liked and then added the Finnabair Metal Embellishment with the wing charm from Scrapmatts.



 I then used Kaisercraft mists, rust paste and micro beads to add colour and texture.

Here I have added some metal charms and mechanicals.

 Word Chipboard added here with Believe charm.



















To give the effect of wings from the back of the metal embellishment I have used the skeleton leaves.

To finish the tag off I used some Kaisercraft Charcoal ink and dripped along the sides and finished with white gesso flicks and micro beads and powder.
I have used Finnabair Rust Paste to give the rust effect on the tag.

These are the products I have used for this tag all available from Scrapmatts






No comments:

Post a Comment