Wednesday 31 August 2016

Smile - Mixed Media Layout


Hi There

I hope you are all well and keeping warm or cool depending on where you are in this big wide world.

Here in the West (Australia) we are experiencing our coldest winter in 30 years and I really am feeling it. I don't enjoy the cold weather and I am really looking forward to some sunshine.

Today I want to share with you a recent class I taught for a friend. She asked me to design a page for her using only Kaszazz products. So I thought I would share the process with you.

I have used the Bokeh paper from the Sweet Pastels range.



To create the background I used the Ranger Texture Paste and mixed it with some Dylusions Fresh Lime Paint and stencilled it on with the Hessian Stencil from Kaszazz.


 I then sprayed the background with the Dylusions Bubblegum Pink and Fresh Orange Sprays. Tilting the page to create the runs. Spritzing with water to helps it run.
I sprayed a piece of guaze in Fresh Orange.
I then layered the guaze over the photo mat.


Embellishment cluster in top right corner.



 I sprayed the chipboard pieces with Bubblegum Pink Dylusions spray and placed under the photo.
I just love these peacock feathers from Kaszazz.
To paint the butterfly I used a combination of the Bubblegum Pink, Lime Green and the Lemon Zest Sprays to give it a multi - coloured tone.
I then used some Stickles Dry Fine Glitter to add some sparkle.

 I then finished by using the script stamp and the Moroccan butterfly to add a little more detail to the background. 

I sprayed the word chippy with the Orange spray and used clear embossing powder to seal it.
A compass charm and the wooden button were added for more detail.


 The colours I used in this layout was based on my photo of my gorgeous niece and the beautiful butterfly that was painted on her face.


 This is the finished layout which is now proudly displayed on my project wall in my craft room.

I really love the finished result and loved working with these wonderful products from Kaszazz and Ranger Ink.

Well I better head off to bed now, as its just past 1am here in the West.
I hope you find some inspiration from this layout and whatever you are doing, I hope you are finding time to be creative.

Till next time

Dream*Create*Inspire

JD
2016


No comments:

Post a Comment