Monday 2 June 2014

Homespun Happiness

 Welcome to my latest blog post. It has been awhile. May is such a busy time for me, with a month of birthdays and Mother's Day thrown in there as well. Making it extremely hard to get time to create.
I love being on the design team for Made with Memories. The challenge is that I need to get my layouts in on time, so therefore I have to make the time to create.
This layout was designed using the Simple Stories Homespun Paper Range.
I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and use a few different techniques and mediums. To create the background I used a script stencil and dylusions spray.
I then used black bazill to frame my pattern squares and make them pop.

I then found a page map I liked and started layering my squares in a pattern I liked. Making my photo the focal point. I love black and white photo's. They are great to use when you have a lot of patterns.

Once I had the placement, I then took a photo to refer back to and started to adhere in place.

 I love these new #hashtag and arrow designs from Dusty Attic.

The heart is from the sticker sheet and to give it some dimension , I raised it up on some chipboard and then sanded the edges.
I used some washi tape and hessian to help build the layers.
I am very happy with the finished layout and even happier that I can show off my gorgeous family.

JD
xx
2014


No comments:

Post a Comment