Sunday 16 October 2016

Christmas Birdhouse Decoration & Layout

Welcome to another cold and wet day here in the West.
I am so over this cold weather and I am really looking forward to Summer.

I'm here with you today sharing my latest projects for Scrapmatts Design Team.

**************************************

The first is an off the page project.

I found this little birdhouse at my local Spotlight store and thought it would make a fantastic addition to my Christmas Decorations.


I started by covering it with some Kaisercraft Silver Bells paper but you could just leave it plain if you like.


 I then used the large Christmas Star from CB6081 to frame the hole & I cut the centre from the star so that it would still leave the hole open.
Around the base I added a small picket fence.

 To cover the roof  I used some gauze and then placed the webbing over the top to give it the look of branches.

 I then sprayed the whole thing with a can of silver spray paint.



Once that was dry, I covered it with Diamond Dust to add some sparkle.
I also used the smaller Christmas stars from CB6081 to add to the sides of the birdhouse.


 To finish it off I added some birds and wrapped some Christmas star tinsel around it.
The large bird was from my stash, the leaves were from a Christmas ornament that I picked up from the Salvo's (thrift shop). I just pulled it apart and layered them under the bird. They were already silver.
 So with the help of some props, this is the finished birdhouse. I was very happy with the finished project. It will make a nice addition to the Christmas decorations this year.


*****************************************

The other project I would like to share with you is a single page layout.


The papers used are from Kaisercraft Time Machine Collection.

Firstly I started with the Circle Stain Stencil (One of my favourites) and used Kaiser's Coffee Spray mist and sprayed through the stencil and then let shook the stencil over my page to get the drops.
 On this page I have used the smallest string circle, the lamps, cogs border 10 (cut to make the cluster) and some assorted words.
 
 
I have coloured them using Prima's Rust Effect Paste in Red Dust and Brown Rust.

You can find all of these products at Scrapmatts.com

Here are a list of the chipboard I have used.

Firstly on the Birdhouse.



CB5151 - Webbing 01

***********************************
For the layout







I hope you have all enjoyed looking at my projects and until next time may you continue to Dream*Create*Inspire

Happy Crafting

Jodie Digney
2016
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment