Sunday 7 August 2016

Bird Cage Beauty

 Hello and welcome. 

How is your Sunday? Its very wet and cold here in WA, so the perfect time to catch up on my blog and do a little craft.

I wanted to share with you all a little project that I had my hubby help me with a couple of weeks ago. I had this antique looking birdcage sitting in my craft room and I was waiting for the right time to do something with it.
It was when I was cleaning out the craft room that I had a light bulb moment and I asked hubby if he could make a few minor adjustments and turn it into a light shade.
So off to the shed he went and cut the top from it and drilled a hole the size of the light fixture and BOOM....here it is.
It is now proudly on display covering my light in the craft room.


 To decorate the piece, I went for a walk across to the park and found some dried branches to place inside it for my birdies to sit on and the best part is I don't have to feed or water them and 
NO MESS!!!



 I found the birds at a local discount store. I was just waiting to find a purpose for them. 
They are now perched on the branches in the cage. 
Some of the birds have beautiful feather tails.
The flower branches are from Prima Marketing Flowers



 The skeleton leaf flower is a head piece that I picked up on clearance from a discount store.

I am thrilled in how it came together and I love the new addition to my room.

Here's to you having that light bulb moment and finding your creative side.

Till next time

Dream*Create*Inspire

JD
2016

P.S. I would love to see your creations or leave me a comment below.

1 comment: