Thursday 26 November 2015

Singapore Journal - South East Asia Cruise - October 2015

              

 Good Evening All. I hope this post finds you well.

 I wanted to share with you today, my recent Travel Journal.
 The journal is from Kaszazz. 
Unfortunately it is no longer available. Such a shame, as it's a really a great product.
I loved that it came in a kit with all the accessories needed to complete the journal.
I packed it along with my Tim Holtz tiny attacher, journal pens, tape runner and my Fuji Instax camera.
 The sticker pack and metal embellishments were from the cruise ship journal kit.

 This blog will show the finished journal and how I put the pages together.




Firstly I love how much room there was to journal. 
I did find it difficult to keep it on 1 or 2 pages though, as I love to write.   



When I travel I like to pick up keepsakes that are relevant to the place I am visiting. 
I collect currency, postcards, receipts, ticket stubs and embellishments.




I love my little instant camera. 
I can place the photo's straight into my journal capturing a special moment or place.



I also love to use my Dymo to journal the pictures. It adds some element and texture to the page. 



Some of the embellishments I used are from a store called Stroberi in Indonesia. 
They have fantastic hair clips and brooches.
They had some that were film rolls, planes, luggage cases , drinks and popcorn. 
I just removed them from the clips or brooch.
They retail for approx $1-$2 making them a cheap way to embellish the page.



I found this post card at Universal Studio's in Singapore. 
For obvious reasons, I had to put it into my journal. 
My husband's name is Dave. 
So he now is the proud owner of a few minion items. 
 
                         
  
 Washi tape is a great way to attach items to your journal, if you don't have glue, tape runner or a mini attacher, while adding decoration to the page. 




Through out my journal, I have added a little doodling to fill up the white space. 



Whenever I travel, I look out for postcards. They are cheap and a great way to document where you have been and showcases the main attractions of that city/country.
I also like the keep entry tickets from attractions or places we have visited as a visual prompt for that days activities. 

Envelope pockets are a great way to keep souvenirs, pictures, maps or ticket stubs.


With this page, I have used some stickers to create the beginning of my journaling. 
I also used an arrow brad to keep my brochure from opening and it works as an embellishment for my page.



 I have used my ticket stub as a photo mat to add some colour to this page and it also reminds me of the bus tour we took on the day.


A great way to keep your pictures in place is to use these fabulous adhesive photo corners. I found mine in a discount store. 
 They also create a nice detail to the picture.  




With this page I used my washi tape to frame the photo's.
I found some Kaszazz beach rub-ons in my stash. 
They have hibiscus flowers on the sheet.
 This was perfect for this page, as this is the national flower of KL.



These pages don't have a lot of photo's on them as these were the days when we were at sea.
This gave me more room to journal and I was able to use items from activities that we participated in on board the ship.






I really love this page in journal.
 I was able to take a photo from each place we visited and highlight the memory from that day. 


To fill up the back of the journal , I placed our luggage tags, vouchers and other memorabilia into the pocket for reference.



 I was able to journal and attach most of the items daily.

I found this a great way to scrapbook while we were on the cruise and it was fresh in my memory.
Having it already in kit form made it convenient to carry and use daily.

Once I was home, I then finished the journal off with some added embellishments, rub-ons, dymo lettering and photo's. 

I am really happy with the finished project and it's really nice that I am able to have it sitting on the coffee table for friends and family to view and not half finished in my craft room along with the other UFO's.

Thanks for stopping by and I would love to hear your travel tips for scrapbooking or journaling on holiday. 

I look forward to reading your comments.

Keep the Faith
JD
xx
2015






No comments:

Post a Comment