Tuesday 17 March 2015

Jet Boat Racing - Off the Wall






 Good Evening All ( for those of us that are in Australia). 

I hope you are all well, loving life and creating

I wanted to share with you one of my latest creations using the Kaisercraft Off the Wall papers

I really loved these range of papers and they are fantastic for those men or boys in your life that like to get down and dirty whether it be racing boats, cars or just playing in the mud.
This range of papers would be perfect to scrap those moments.



My husband has just started this past year being a navigator in a jet boat.
The company he works for sponsor some of the boats.
He was asked by the company if he would be interested in getting in the boat with the grandson.
He is a bit of a thrill seeker and loves the adrenalin, so he said why not? I said why?
I'm so not into anything that will turn my stomach inside out.
So as this was something besides work for hubby (my husband is a workaholic) I wanted to make sure that I documented these moments. 
He was also asked by his psychologist to find a hobby for his mental health.

This range has a fantastic collectables pack.
I love this frame.
As you can see by the photo in the above layout, the smile says it all.




I started with my base pages. Some white Bazill. I am not a fan of white, so I wanted to colour it.
To achieve the background, I used a cog stencil and spritzed with faded jeans.
Once this was dry, I blended with faded jeans, aged mahogany and mustard seed distress inks over the base.

I then used the star from the Off the Wall stamps and inked it with faded jeans and just stamped randomly over the pages.

To grunge the paper up I distressed the edges and then used my sewing machine to stitch a zig zag border, randomly reversing the stitch in places, along the page.
I also punched some of the edges with my note book punch.
To keep the theme of the cogs I cut a large circle out of patterned paper to make a feature on the page.
I then finished off the layout by using the collectables to embellish.


This layout now takes pride of place in the work office.

My husband has told me that they now receive great feedback on how awesome this looks on the wall.
That makes me proud and just between you and me, I think he gets a kick out of the fact that his wife made it and he can have bragging rights.

Products used 
Kaisercraft Off the Wall papers
Distress Inks - Faded Jeans, Aged Mahogany & Mustard Seed
Off the Wall Stamp Set
Bazill
Off the Wall Sticker Sheet and Collectables
Twine
Black Cotton
Sewing Machine


Designed for Made with Memories
2015


Keep the Faith
JD
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment