Saturday 31 January 2015

#justsaying Appreciate

Good Evening All / Morning where ever you are in the world.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog and my latest challenge.

I completed this layout today for the 123 Challenge Blog

This was the challenge set for January.







I really had to think about this challenge, as I don't have a lot of lemon in my stash and certainly not in the way of photo's but after a little searching I found a picture that I could work with and definitely fit with the word prompt.

This is my layout


 I used Oatmeal for the base. 
I then went for a mix of gesso with yellow mid paint, as pictured below. 
It gave me a that splash of lemon.
Once the background was dry I used some modelling paste and my Kaszazz bubble stencil to create some texture on the page.

 I spritzed with Dylusions Pure Sunshine Spray to add some more colour to my layout.
 These tags are from my stash. They are FOLDED over the photo and attached with Tim Holtz tiny attacher. These tags are from a previous workshop but I loved the look of them and all the elements seemed to fit the layout.

 I have used the Kaszazz Chevron Washi Tape under the photo and I cut the strip of film from the Art of Life acetate sheet - Negatives from Kaisercraft. (pictured below)
I have FOLDED the film strip behind the photo and attached with the tiny attacher.
 The hashtag word is from Dusty Attic.
Love these.

The title letters are Heidi Swapp and I have inked them with Memento.
 I took this photo a couple of years ago at a local park. The chopper was coming in to fill up with water. As you can see it was close to sunset and we had fires raging close by.

Every summer I am thankful for these wonderful pilots and these amazing choppers and I appreciate the work they do in these very extreme conditions.

THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN WHO PROTECT US IN TIMES OF NEED. IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Keep the Faith
JD
xx


5 comments:

  1. Fab layout! I love all your elements & that washi tapes is one of my faves. Thanks for joining us over @ 123 Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I had fun with the challenge. Love the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mix media layout! Thank you for playing along with us at 123 Challenge Blog. Hugs, Merry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout and photo. love how you have done the folds in the flim strip. Thanks for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this technique of folding the film strip to add that extra element. Thanks so much for the wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete