Monday 10 February 2014

Selfies!!! Portrait Simple Stories Album.

Hi There
I wanted to share a little project that I completed last year.
It was inspired by an article that I seen in a scrapbook magazine.
When my husband and I are out at a function or on holiday, I like to take pictures of us (selfies). Most of these pictures where taken on our holiday to the United States in 2012.

This is the front cover of my Simple Stories Album. I randomly stamped images over the cover and used paper scraps from my stash.

     On this page I used a range of embellishments from my stash.
Chipboard stickers, clock, tag, stamps, washi tape and my Dymo for the journaling.
On this page I created the little flag banner using stickers from Simple Stories. I mounted them on thin chipboard and then used twine to embellish.  

I am not fond of the pic on this page, as I took it at the wrong angle. Double chin alert!! With this page I used lots of cog and clock embellishments. The angel wings are from Kaszazz's embellishment range. The tag is from a stationary supply shop. I found the calendar embellishments in Big W.

On this page, I stamped the background with a range of travel stamps I have in my collection. I love the frame ( looks like an old polaroid camera). The tag has some journaling on it. The bling is from Kaiser and I have used their flowers in the bottom corner to tie in with the floral headband I was wearing.

For the embellishments on this page I wanted to keep it simple. I used twine and the compass embellishment from Kaszazz. The twine was attached with the Tim Holtz tiny attacher. The button is Simple Stories. I also used the twine to highlight the month the photo was taken.

This is the back page of the album. It was given to my husband as a gift. I have used part of the Simple Stories paper for the journaling and washi tape for the background, along with some stamping. The letter stickers are from Kmart. Clock embellishment is Kaszazz.
I also wanted to give the album a little project life feel. I love that it comes with these pocket pages. Great for pictures and journaling. The compass embellishment is from Kaszazz.
Papers are Simple Stories.


The frame border on this page is a chipboard square. I covered it with striped washi tape. I have used washi tape for the background, added some stamps and used the calendar embellishment behind the frame. The angel wings are from Kaszazz.

This page has more use of cog embellishments. These are from Kaszazz. I have again stamped the background with travel stamps and used twine to attach the envelope embellishment.

With this page I used washi tape, Kaiser flowers, calendar embellishment and the photo frame. Simple Stories paper pad and stamps for the background.

With this page I have added some hessian. The brad's are from Bo Bunny Zoology range. Chipboard film frame is from my stash.


On this page I have used the other half of the chipboard film strip. The cog embellishment is from Spotlight in their jewellery section. Paper clips & angel wings are from Kaszazz. The heart chipboard embellishment is from ScrapMatts. Papers Simple Stories.

The embellishment words on this page are from Teresa Collins world traveller range. The clock and compass are from Kaszazz.
To finish off the pages, I doodled around the edges of the page with my Memento pen.
I used Versa Pinecone Ink to ink the edges of my pages and the stamping.
I also used Memento Black ink for some of the stamping.

This project took a whole weekend to complete at scrap camp but I was so happy with it, because it really took me out of my comfort zone. All the pages were designed spontaneously. It sits pride of place in my craft room.

Items used in this project are from Simple Stories - Life Documented
Kaszazz Stamps and embellishments
Kaiser flowers and stamps
Teresa Collins - World Traveller range.
Kmart & Big W
Spotlight
Personal Stash

Designed by Jodie Digney
2013

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely way to decorate your precious moments! We are glad to see you find our Dymo Label Maker useful! Keep up with the good work! ^CP

    ReplyDelete
  2. l love my Dymo label maker. Its an old one but a goodie. Best $5 investment I have ever made.

    ReplyDelete